Organizing a christening is a time of great stress for the baby’s mother, who is generally responsible for organizing the ceremony.
All the stress inherent in organizing the ceremony so that it runs smoothly, in itself confers a large amount of accumulated stress, which means that in many cases the mother (ceremony organizer) does not truly enjoy the moment and the ceremony that will not be repeated again.
All this accumulated stress can be easily avoided, with the help of an event planner for the organization of the event, and accessories on the day of the ceremony so that nothing fails.
In this way, the mother will have her task facilitated and will be able to enjoy the time with her family, without stress and worry.
If you choose to do the organization personally, however, there are some points that you should take into account so that nothing fails in the organization of the event.
I leave you some tips so that everything goes well and nothing fails on the big day.
- Date and place of the ceremony
(This topic is the one that usually gives daddies the most “headaches”, due to the bureaucratic part and all the required documents, but resolving these issues, the rest of the organization is relatively simple)
- Photo book (days before baptism)
- Photography at home with the baby/child
- Photography at the church, Farm/Restaurant (follow-up on the day)
- Invitation from godparents
- Create the guest list
- Sending invitations (preferably 4 to 6 months in advance, or a little more). If you prefer to send it in advance, I suggest a SAVE THE DATE (digital and may contain less information, essentially the day) and later the official invitation.
- List of confirmed attendance
- Distribution of guests by the tables and their assignment (The assignment, I suggest, is something related to the chosen theme)
➢ Reminders (Proposed options)
a) One per Family (adults and children)
b) A souvenir for the Family/couple and one for the children
c) A memento gentlemen, a memento madam and a children
- Party Location
- Type/Style of space decoration (Soon a post dedicated to this aspect)
- Adults (DJ,…)
- Christening suit (You can opt for the traditional Christening suit and a “change” of clothes for the party, more comfortable for the child)
- Candle and christening towel
- Book of memories or other more thematic element. An excellent option to let your imagination run wild and opt for something original and made by yourself (where guests write a dedication to the child and family)
I hope these tips are useful to you.